OUR EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
Pre-GED: We offer classes 3 days a week in Spanish for adults who want to learn basic academic skills to be ready to take GED classes and pass the test. Thanks to a collaboration with the Delaware Division of Libraries, students can also obtain their official Mexican primary school certificate and/or secondary school certificate regardless of their nationality by working with a library volunteer. After that, adults even have the option of obtaining their “bachillerato” and take online college classes at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mexico (UNAM)
GED: We offer classes 2 days a week for adult individuals interested in improving their academic skills with the intention of taking the GED in Spanish. Partners: Red Clay Consolidated School District, Delaware Division of Libraries.
Computer literacy: We offer computer literacy classes and practice to adults registered in our adult education program. Partner: Red Clay Consolidated School District.
Adult Wellbeing: A wellbeing class with aerobic exercise, nutrition information, life coaching and soft skills is offered once a week to adults in Spanish.
PLACE Program (Program for Latin American Community Engagement):
Sponsored by Red Clay Consolidated School District
Children and Youth Wellbeing: Children have a wellbeing class with aerobic exercise, nutrition information, and socio-emotional skills development.
ELL Students: Parents receive resources, sessions, and support to become the best partners of their children’s education. Below are some of the Spanish resources we utilize:
- Consejos de Lectura para Padres de Bebés.
- Consejos de Lectura para Padres de Niños en Kinder.
- Consejos de Lectura para Padres de Niños en Pre-Kinder.
- Consejos de Lectura para Padres de Niños en Primer Grado
- Consejos de Lectura para Padres de Niños en Segundo Grado
- Consejos de Lectura para Padres de Niños en Tercer Grado
- Consejos para que Los Hijos Tengan un Bueno Comienzo del Año Escolar
- Consejos para Tener una Buena Conferencia de Padres con Maestros
- Consejos para Usar la Biblioteca
- Guía para Ayudar a los Hijos a Ser Buenos Lectores